Friday, May 2, 2008

The last few days I have been reading through so many wonderful blogs posted by other gardeners, soooo . . .I thought I'd give this a try. Kind of an online diary.
What a great thing to do!

To start I guess I will add some old pictures of my garden flowers from years past. Time to dig out those old picture cd's. Now let's see what I can find.

I'll start with this bouquet of Peonies in my kitchen. Ahh, the smell is divine. Can't wait till I can do this again this year!



Next, purple clematis. Not sure what kind this is as I started out not labeling anything! Lately I've been keeping better track of what and where I plant everything.


Here we have a pretty variegated hosta.

Ahh, my very favorite rose "Peace and Love" bought at a plant show several years ago and has managed to grow and bloom for me every year in this Nebraska weather with NO pampering, winter protection or any special care. Love this rose!

Lol, some bunnies by our front step. Dh bought these for me as a birthday present to kinda represent our family, there's the ma and paw bunny and three youngins.

What garden would be complete without garlic chives? These spread seeds and I have plenty to use in cooking for the whole year. I freeze some for winter.



Dead nettle, so pretty to me. This plant WAS almost dead as it was being choked out by the obidient plant that I planted 4 feet away and it has spread like crazy. Not obedient at all! I've spent a few days digging it out. I think* got every root of it and ended up with two wheelbarrows full. That's because I'm finally redoing my back by the fence flowergarden. Will post more on that later.


Columbine, ah I love columbine! With its delicate little flowers and pretty foliage, and the fact that it is so very easy to grow, needs little care and seeds itself out to give you more plants every year. I started a few of these from seed several years ago.




Bleeding heart by our from door, planted with the ferns. I thought this baby was a gonner, it did not bloom at all last year. Then I realized that the ferns were overgrowing it. I pulled a few out that were growing too close and that really helped. It is growing big this year and has several flower buds starting.

Gladiolas, I love these. I first planted these from bag of 30 bulbs bought at Menards for cheap and wow, the blooms were gorgeous. Unfortunately, mom told me I would have to dig them all up and store for the winter. Well I tried that but they all rotted. On the good side, I missed a few and those come up every year. They have multiplied too. Must be a warm spot there.


Some random flower photos. Like I said, used to never mark anything and so I don't even know what these are.



Spring blooms . . .
Well these are actually forced bulbs for a bit of winter cheer in the house.

Hyacinth has always been one of my favorites.








Well that's all the pictures I can find for now.
Cheer's & Happy Gardening!

No comments: